carboxylate particles Control sensitivity, specificity and stability with various acid content available within Thermo Scientific™ Opti-Link™ Carboxylate-Modified Particles. Particles contain carboxylic acid groups for covalent coupling and can be used directly from the bottle in a variety of applications.
• Parking area combines surface area and acid content to give you the surface acid distribution that is useful for assay optimization
• Surface area per gram of a particle varies inversely with the particle diameter
• Acid content refers to the titrated milliequivalents per gram (mEq/g) and is weight-based
• For most applications, particles can be used directly from the bottle without any pre-cleaning
• Proprietary anionic surfactant does not interfere with binding of proteins nor cause proteins to desorb from particle surfaces or cause proteins to desorb from particle surfaces
• Various surface acid concentrations available to help optimize reagent development efforts
• Particles have been used in and are equally successful in molecular biology and research applications
Parking Area Properties
• Low Acid Content—60–100 Parking Area—Hydrophobic surface, more colloidally stable than plain polystyrene
• Medium Acid Content—35–59 Parking Area—Hydrophobic and hydrophilic areas; good colloidal stability and good covalent coupling
• High Acid Content—10–34 Parking Area—Hydrophilic surface; excellent colloidal stability; excellent covalent coupling
When using Opti-Link particles, ask about our Microparticle Reagent Optimization manual, which outlines our reagent development strategy. This manual includes validated binding, coupling and particle reagent optimization protocols.
Power-Bind Sterptavidin Onderstaande tekst volledig overgenomen van Thermo website
Bind a variety of biotinylated ligands, including DNA/RNA, oligos, antibodies and proteins with Thermo Scientific™ Power-Bind Streptavidin Coated Particles. Particles have very high and stable biotin binding capacities and address the concerns of diagnostic test kit manufacturers and nucleic acid researchers. The microparticles reduce serum matrix effects and improve assay accuracy, resulting in low, non-specific binding of serum proteins and other interfering substances.
The use of microparticles as a solid phase support in various immunoassays and affinity purifications has been known for some time; however, achieving high activity and stable binding of solid phase ligands has been a major difficulty. Biotinylated compounds become stably bound to Power-Bind Streptavidin Coated particles after simple incubation in buffer due to the high affinity of the biotin-streptavidin interaction. The particles also function as a spacer, which improves the specific activity of the bound ligand. Monodisperse nonmagnetic particle suspensions with streptavidin covalently bound to the surface in a highly active form
• Made from 0.3μm or 0.8μm Thermo Scientific™ OptiLink™ Carboxylate-Modified particles
• High biotin-binding capacity
• Long shelf life
• Simplifies the process of binding ligands to particles
• Combines the advantages of high surface area and easy, high affinity, high specific activity binding
• Excellent for chemiluminescent assays, biotinylated ligand capture, and for molecular biology, immunoassay, or sample prep applications
• Dissociation constant (Kd 10-15 molar), easy one-step binding protocols for biotinylated ligands
• High activity of surface bound ligands to easily solve difficult coupling problems
• Simple aqueous biotinylation reactions
• Low nonspecific interactions (blocked microparticle surface)
• Highly mobile particles for membrane-based applications
• Can be used in EIA formats with biotin/enzyme detection systems
• Beneficial spacer effect of SA molecule
• A choice of 0.3μm or 0.8μm diameters for different application requirements
• Universal nonmagnetic bead for coupling unique ligands.
• Clinical diagnostics and molecular biology applications.
- Item no: 83000970100490
- Particle Size: 0.4µm
- Concentration: 10 % Solids
- Composition: Polystyrene
- Surface Modification: Carboxylate modified
- Volume / Quantity: 1000 mL
- Color: WHITE
- NIST Traceable: NO
- (Key) application: Life science and diagnostic research